NT does it again!
He is at that awkward stage where he needs a nap but doesn't. You know - so tired by bedtime that he's wonky and crazy by late afternoon and out before we finish our story if he doesn't have a nap but up so late if he does have a nap. So he only takes a nap every 3 or 4 days.
Yesterday was one of those days. Unfortunately he slept far too late and when it came time for bed, he didn't want to sleep. I could hear him playing so I went up to tell him to get back in bed and I find him rolled up in a ball at the top of the stairs under his cheetah print blanket. I stood there for a minute, watching to see what would happen. I even made a little noise so that he knew I was there. He didn't move except to peek out from under the edge of the blanket every now and then. I guess since I didn't immediately bust him, he decided that his camouflage was fool-proof and started wiggling towards the stairs. At this point, I say his name, but he keeps going. I finally pull off the blanket and he looks up at me with a look of complete astonishment. "I was hiding!", he says.
I bundle him off to bed before I laugh too much, but that's not the end. I found him twice more in different spots upstairs, rolled in a ball under the blanket, convinced that I wouldn't be able to see him each time. Maybe it's time to teach him about ostriches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment