We have recently had a bit of bad luck with employment. My husband worked for a horse trailer company when he was laid off and went back to treadmill company where he has worked off and on for the last 12 years. Then he got hired on as plant manager for a company building a new style of airplane. After about a year, they closed up shop and filed bankruptcy and it was back to the treadmill company again. In addition, he works one day a week at his other home (the golf course) so that he can golf for free and have an excuse to spend one more day a week there. So he has had a variety of jobs.
Anyhoo, after the closing of the airplane place, I was a bit stressed about money - but not overly because through it all, we seem to land on our feet. As luck would have it, I had to buy a gift for a birthday or wedding or baby shower or something. I also had to pick up a few other household items. Since the budget was a little tight, I was complaining a little as we shopped about "all this crap we were buying." At the checkout, SP (my oldest boy) starts talking about these toy plastic golf clubs they have on display. The cashier politely asks if he likes golf and he proceeds to tell her everything he knows. He has a lot to say sometimes! So anyway - he's going on about how "Daddy works at the golf course and he used to build horse trailers and then he built treadmills and then he built airplanes but he lost that job and now he's building treadmills again and we just keep buying crap!" Only when he says it, it comes out as crack.
Should I worry about whether or not they have a file on me at that store and a copy of the security tape with my slightly crazed trip through the store while attempting to keep two high energy boys from grabbing everything within arm's reach and putting it in the cart? After seeing that tape, would anyone believe I wasn't on crack?
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
SP is hilarious! I can totally see him going on and on about 'crack' that was a great story..see now aren't you glad you had a blog to 'blog' it? You are great at blogging!
Yeah we too know what its like to keep buying lots of 'crack' even though the budget is tight. Dang that sucks about the job, it was a good one too. Hopefully things get better.
I will admit - it's kind of fun blogging. It's also nice to have somewhere to write down these little things the boys do that make me laugh. I really want to be able to remember these stories and be able to embarrass them with them when they get older! It's all good with the job, though. He ended up getting back with the "treadmill place" and really liked what he was doing. Crazily enough though, he is starting a new job in the middle of July!
Post a Comment