Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tiny Dancer

My parents came to visit this weekend. My aunt got married on Saturday so my parents came down on Friday and stayed the night. On Friday night, my dad planned to make a cheesecake pie to take to the potluck after the wedding and SP and NT were going to help. When I couldn't find my stainless steel bowl right away, I got out one of my glass bowls. As I got it out, I had the thought that it was going to get broken and that I should look further for the stainless steel bowl. But I decided to let them use it anyway and I would just supervise a little more carefully.

As they got started on the pie, my sister called. While I was on the phone with her, the boys were at the table with the bowl and the mixer. My dad went over to the counter to get the sweetened condensed milk and out of the corner of my eye, I saw SP get out of the chair. In doing so, he got tangled in the cord of the mixer and pulled the mixer and bowl off the table. You can probably imagine what happened as that glass bowl hit our tile floor! SP got scared and somehow, as the glass was shattering and still scattering all over the floor, he danced among the glass pieces eight feet from the table to the door of the kitchen without stepping on a single piece of glass! I wish I had a picture of the amount of glass on the floor. You would be as amazed as I was that he didn't end up with both feet full of glass! We were incredibly blessed. Some of those pieces of glass were absolutely wicked looking with curved spiky ends and sharp edges.

So we are doubly thankful this weekend - a visit with Grandpa and Grandma and no visits to the emergency room!

2 comments:

C Dawn's bucket said...

Oh my goodness! So glad he is alright! I have a large stainless steel bowl you can borrow. Not that it will do you much good now.

Lotte said...

Thanks, Mom! If I hadn't been so lazy, I would have looked in the dishwasher and found the one I was looking for! I just didn't remember having used it recently and thought maybe The Mister had put it away in some bizarre spot and didn't want to take the time to look for it.
I'm grateful that the Lord still blessed us despite my ignoring His prompting!