Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tractor-Field Day

Today was Track and Field Day at SP's school. Or "tractor-field" day as SP calls it. It was also Crazy-Hair Day. SP has been really in need of a haircut and so I cut it and then styled it. I think it turned out rather nicely, but I'll let you be the judge:


As an added bonus, you can see the traces of watermelon still on his cheek!



He wouldn't let me cut any narrower down the sides - he kept complaining that the clippers were pulling his hair. During NT's haircut, I discovered that I had the blade speed set too low.



When we got home from taking SP to school, NT decided it was his turn.




I discovered my error with the clippers so I was able to get his more narrow.




Here they are together.
NT's has a little funny spot on the back where it really wanted to lay down. I think it looks kind of like Wilford Brimley's mustache if you turn your head to the side and squint just right!



It made me giggle so much everytime I looked at them that I semi-considered leaving it that way for a few more days just for the entertainment value. We did receive quite a few admiring looks as the kids were out and about playing this afternoon! But then when I picked up SP from his friend's house, I accidently stole one of their neighbor's bikes.* At that point, I decided that perhaps the new hair-do's were having an negative effect on me. I'll finish cutting them tomorrow and then they will have their new summer hair-cuts!



*SP had ridden his bike to his friend's house and then he left ahead of me. When I got outside to walk home, I saw what I thought was his bike still lying by the garage. So, thinking I was being a good mother, I pushed it home for him. I even had this whole speech prepared about how he almost lost his bike. But when I got home, I saw that SP's bike already home and then I realized that, although the bike I had was the same color as SP's, it was not actually his. But before I could take it back, a neighbor girl came over the play with the boys. This little girl had been asking to play for several days and everytime she came over, we were just about to leave and I didn't have the heart to tell her no once more. So I thought I would let them play for 15 minutes or so and then run the bike back, hopefully with no one the wiser. Unfortunately, SP's friend showed up about 5 minutes later and asked if he could get his neighbor's bike back.


You can imagine my chagrin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know but I think I kind of like the mustach look on the head. You might have to leave it there.

Deven and Keri said...

Love the "wild" look.......
The mustache is pretty funny!