I got a call from the school the other day. Seems SP's lunch made him sick and he wanted to come home. We've talked a few times about being sick this year and I had told him that when he is sick, I will come get him and then he will come home and have a nap. However, this particular day, I had a playdate set up for MKIA so that I could get my hair done. So I decided that I would go get him and then he could go with me to my hair appointment and keep himself entertained while MKIA went to play with his friend. I had one disappointed little boy on my hands when he realized that he was not coming home to play with MKIA and that he also would be missing the playdate that he had set up for after school with his friend. He argued rather eloquently that I could leave him home and he would be fine if I let him play Lego Batman while I was gone. He presented his argument with passion and theatrical displays but the judge was heartless and ruled against him anyway. He wasn't happy about the outcome but behaved himself admirably while I was getting my hair done.
I'm still not convinced that he was really sick because of the absence of symptoms. I think it was more of a case of testing what would happen if he did actually call home sick and I think that he will be sure that he is sick before he calls home again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment