But I digress - back to the story.
So my friend stops by to pick me up for volleyball and since I'm having trouble finding my socks, she goes to the neighbor's house to see if she wants to ride with us as well. But she had already gone. What follows is the conversation that followed between my friend and the neighbor's husband (to the best of my recollection):
FRIEND: You have a really big spider next to your door. You should kill it.
NEIGHBOR'S HUSBAND: (looks at spider in question) No, you should kill it.
FRIEND: Uhh, no. It's really big. I don't want to kill it.
NEIGHBOR'S HUSBAND: It's huge! I don't want to kill it either.
FRIEND: Umm, I have to go now.
When this conversation was relayed to me, my friend was unsure of the survival status of the spider. Being concerned for the welfare of the neighborhood, I snuck over later to see whether the spider was still living. What I saw there caused me to shrink in horror. The spider was obviously dead. What was also obivous was that my friend had not exaggerated the size of the spider.
The remains of the spider was still on the wall next to the door. I have attached a picture below. In an act of supreme bravery, I got close enough to place a regular size business card (3.5"x2") next to the spider remains in order to put the size of this beast in perspective for you. I hope you all appreciate the sacrifices I make in keeping you informed of these menaces.




3 comments:
YuCkY!!!
Your Brave!
look, I know it's the season to scare people, but is this kind of torture really necessary?!
Blech.
Post a Comment