Monday, July 13, 2009

Cuz We're Rednecks!

The Mister was gone over the weekend so the boys and I partied. There was a demolition derby on Saturday and of course we went. The Mister doesn't really enjoy such low-brow entertainment but we sure did! We had a moment of unpleasantness at the beginning when a couple of cool guys were talking rather loudly during the national anthem but enough of us turned around to glare at them that we finally shamed them to silence.

And then the real fun began!


We had flames


We had explosive radiators


And even geysers! Who needs Yellowstone when you can see geysers at the Demolition Derby?


Gotta keep that door closed somehow!

I wonder if the brick pattern helps reinforce the vehicle, making it less susceptible to damage?

Perhaps they should have continued the brick theme on the tires because that one's not looking so good!


There were alot of interesting after-market mods to most of the engines.


more mods



I really liked the hose hanging out of the front of this one!


more mods


more mods



Isn't that sweet!



This car took the most abuse I have ever seen! I didn't get very good pictures of the "Bash to Last" because it was too dark but I wish you could have seen how mangled this car was by the end.



Ooops! Someone lost a tire!



Guess they don't need that tire after all!



SP called this station wagon (#7) the Death Wagon because it just kept pummeling the other cars and never seemed to take any damage.

2 comments:

SILLYA said...

I SO wish we could have been there!! Looks like a great night!!

Lotte said...

There's another one in September - I put my name in a drawing to drive a suburban in the truck bash portion. If they don't pick me, it will be their loss!