Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Do Requests!

I had a request to share the recipe for German pancakes and here it is:

6 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put butter in 9x12x2 pan and throw it into the oven to melt. Combine milk, flour, eggs and a pinch of salt in the blender. Pour the blended ingredients over melted butter. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. It will bubble up in waves while it cooks - don't be alarmed. When it's all done, cut into squares and serve hot with powdered sugar, jam, pie filling or your topping of choice. Sometimes, just for fun, I put a little cinnamon and/or nutmeg in the batter. You can also sprinkle it on top with powdered sugar.

Since I am feeling magnanimous, I am also going to include the recipe for butter syrup. But I must warn you - after trying this syrup, you may want to have pancakes or waffles or things that require syrup for every meal!

1 cup butter
1 cup cream
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put butter, cream and sugar in a heavy saucepan and heat on the stove until it's ready to boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Serve over pancakes or waffles or just eat with a spoon!

Happy breakfast, brunch or brinner!

3 comments:

Jill W said...

Yummy! I'm making this for brinner tomorrow! I can't wait!

wRitErsbLock said...

I'll try this recipe very soon.thanks for posting it

B-la said...

Sounds so good. I'm going to try it!