Thursday, January 8, 2009

Indiana Jones and #5

My brother (we'll call him #5 because that's where he falls in the list of brothers by age) sent my boys what may have been their favorite present. It was an Indiana Jones Lego set and they squealed when they opened it - especially SP. I made them wait until we got home from the Old Folks before they could open the box and put it together because it has 511 pieces. The first thing on the Monday morning after we got home, SP insisted on putting it together. So I read the instructions and told him how to put the pieces together. Two hours of construction later, we had the finished product and the mayhem began. The set came with an Indy figure, a Russianer (as NT says it) general, and two Russianer soldiers. SP decided that the teams needed to be even so one of the Russianers defected to Indy's side and is now named Hunter.


Hunter and Indy driving the Jungle Cutter


Ha, ha, Russianers! You'll never catch me!



Then one of the Russianer got attacked by the fire ants.


Notice the arms thrown up in horror at fate of his comrade!

Oh, no! Now the ants are after him! Run, comrade, run!



Uh, oh! The Russianers escaped the fire ants only to be cruelly run down by their traitorous comrade in the Jungle Cutter!

Run, Russianer! Save yourself!

As you can see, #5, your gift was a success. If by success, you mean fostering further inclinations towards violence and bloodshed in my children, that is.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks awesome. Who has more fun with it you or NT?

SILLYA said...

I think that secretly-- Lottie knows that the present was actually meant for her-- BUT she lets the boys pretend that it is theirs-- but she stays up til the wee hours playing Indy/Hunter vs the Russianers while the boys dream of their next Indy conquest...I guess I know what to get Lottie next year for-- Real Fire-ants!! Every Kid needs a pet!

The Davies Family said...

That was hilarious! I felt like
I was watching the movie all over
again. Way to go number 5!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to get them cap guns last summer. SO said no--age was like 6 and up. So, that's why the daggers.

Won't be long before they are ready for a BB gun. I remember a story about someone shooting the metal of a neighbor's screen door from a basement window.

Lotte said...

Alicia & Sillya - I'm hurt that you would think I would hijack my children's toy for hours on end for my own amusement. It was only half an hour! I deserved something for the hours of labor I put in for 511 pieces. I think that deserves repeating - 511 pieces! Besides the little gate in the temple piece with the spider on it is on gears and moves up and down. And the track on the jungle cutter moves and the blades have little wheels underneath that spin them when you drive! How cool is that? #5 needs another high-five!

D-Fam - It was way better than the movie - all the chase and fighting excitement and none of the wierd alien stuff!

JimMuy - After they get BB guns maybe someone will find us some acreage far from the harrassed neighbors, too!

Unknown said...

someone finding you acreage far from harrassed neighbors sounds like you would be repeating history

wRitErsbLock said...

great gift!

C Dawn's bucket said...

Super Sam didn't know you had these toys and things you have been holding out on him.......