I realize it may look like I can't let go of Christmas but I have a few more Christmas related pictures to share. The Monday before New Year's Eve, we went down South to have lunch with the Mister's nephew. Since we were close, we drove on to SLC to see the lights on Temple Square.
Can you imagine how long it must take to get that many lights on ONE tree!
They had two different Nativity Scenes - this is the kind of ceramic one
They had the Joseph, Mary and Jesus figurines set up in one of the reflecting pools with the temple in the background. It was rather impressive.
They also had a life-like Nativity with speakers and lights. At intervals, the narration of the Christmas story from the scriptures would play as the different scenes were lighted finishing with a spotlight on the stable representing the star. Very cool.
Shepherds
Wisemen
A little hard to see, but the stable and shepards
Mary, Joseph and the Baby
After viewing all the lights, we needed to warm up a little so we went into the Visitor's Center to see the Christus.
And that was our fun family outing! Thanks for coming along.




3 comments:
Thanks for the ride! I have NEVER been to see the lights at Temple Square-- always wanted to-- but never have...I will!!
Did I tell you that I like the one of the nativity on the reflection pond...
The reflection pool one was rather pretty.
Post a Comment