Monday, March 16, 2009

PSA

Here is where I do a shameless promotion. It seems as though at least one person - usually more! - has been sick for the last month. I was sick the latter part of January. After about a week, I was searching through the cold remedy aisle in desperation when I came across Airborne. So I decided to give the nighttime formula a try, hoping that it would at least alleviate some of the incessant hacking that I was doing every time I laid down to sleep. It seemed to help a little and I started feeling better after a day or two. So on Friday, when I started feeling runny and flu-y again, I immediately bought some more Airborne because I just couldn't handle another week and a half of feeling blech. I bought some daytime stuff and some more of the nighttime stuff. It didn't seem to lessen the symptoms any - Theraflu is usually good for that - but as of this morning, I no longer feel sick. No more runny nose, a slight tickle in my chest when I breathe deeply, but no headache, no sinus pressure, no ear congestion, no fever, nothing. NT also started showing symptoms on Friday and he still has the runny nose and cough and a slight fever. His runny nose has also started turning that nasty green color. At least he'll have something green for tomorrow!

So there you have the results of my ultra-scientific study. I think they have an Airborne children's formula and if I'm a good mom, I may go buy it for NT. Then I'll give you all the details of that study. Perhaps not quite FDA quality studies, but I do what I can!

3 comments:

C Dawn's bucket said...

I used Airborne all the time when I worked in the schools and somehow have forgotten all about it since becoming a SAHM. Thanks for the reminder.

JimMuy said...

It's because you live in the frozen wasteland of the North, where y'all are pasty white from lack of sun.

Actual science: People in the South have lower rates of cold and flu in winter.

Lotte said...

Mom of 3 - You are most welcome.

JimMuy - You know where you can put your lower rates of cold and flu!