Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Toilets Are SO Inconvenient

My neighbor thinks NT is so funny. Which is a relief to me because with some of the things that NT thinks of doing (or doesn't think, just does), one could easily assume that the boy has no supervision or guidance. And I promise he does, he is just very good at getting ahead of me! But my neighbor was once a small boy and now has one of his own, so I assume that he understands the nature of boys which is why he is amused rather than disgusted at my lack of parenting.

But we occasionally have an incident like the one that happened a few weeks ago. SP was at school and I was heading out to run a few errands. NT thought I was too slow and ran to the parking lot ahead of me. I still had to grab my purse and sunglasses, maybe use the bathroom. As I headed out the door, I could see NT standing in the open driver's side door of the truck talking to our neighbor who was in his car getting ready to leave as well. My neighbor's car was in front of the truck so I could only see NT's head and shoulders. As the neighbor drove away, he gave me an odd look as I waved. I wasn't quite sure how to interpret it but then his car moved enough for me to see that NT's pants were around his ankles as he peed out the door of the truck and I realized that it must have been some sort of mixture of humor and "don't pee on my car!"

It would have been so inconvenient to walk back to the house to use an actual toilet. It was nearly as bad as when he peed out the window. I had hoped that we were out of the public peeing stage, but it appears that he had at least one more episode left in him. So when Sillya is exasperated at my sweet nephew for his new peeing antics, I sympathize and giggle.

1 comment:

B-la said...

Nice lol. Little boys think they are so clever.