Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Incomplete Process Analysis

Do any of you have a salad spinner? I love mine. So nice for getting all the excess water off the lettuce and other vegetables. I had some grapes the other day and used it for washing them. As I was spinning them dry, I took the lid off when it started to slow down. NT loved it, he thought it was so cool watching the grapes spin slowly around and settle back to the bottom of the bowl. But since it was almost done, it didn't last very long. Being the indulgent mom that I am, I decided to spin it up for him again. Only this time, I would take the lid off sooner so that he could watch it go 'round and 'round for a bit longer. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a flaw in my planning. I did not account for the centrifugal force at the higher rate of speed as I took the lid off. NT did have fun finding all the grapes in all the various corners of the kitchen though!

7 comments:

SILLYA said...

I have been looking at yard sales for one of those-- I guess everyone loves it as much as you do, since I haven't found one yet!

Lotte said...

I actually have 2 - I'll bring you one this weekend

Lindsay Kay said...

Man, I would love a salad spinner. I think it would help with my many salad woes.

SILLYA said...

you would really do that for MEEE!!! you are so TOTALLY AWESOME!!

wRitErsbLock said...

LMAO!
We watched some show on food tv last week. Did you know if you slice a grape in half, but don't cut all the way through the skin so it's still attached, like a butterfly, and then put it in the microwave, it will catch on fire? I have got to buy grapes and try it myself.

Unknown said...

Seems to me you had the same problem as a kid spinning a cube of butter in a ice cream bucket. Dang butter ended up on the ceiling.

Lotte said...

Alicia - haha! I had completely forgotten about that. It's true - I am a slow learner!
WB - did you have any luck with the grapes and fire? I want to see that - I need to remember to get grapes!
Lindsay - It's so worth it - it doesn't matter how long you let it drain and dry after washing, it't still always wet.
sillya - sorry I forgot. I also forgot the DVD/VCR player. I should be getting rid of that TV soon and I will bring them next time!