Friday, December 12, 2008

Brothers

Sometimes I marvel at what good kids I have. Despite the fact that they tease each other like crazy, they also are very kind to each other.

As we know, NT likes to do things that he shouldn't. The other night, he was trying to hide behind my treadmill and tripped - scraping his chin and bloodying his lip. I pulled him out and took him to the sink. SP saw the blood (which always makes him worried) and took off upstairs. As I was holding the wet washcloth to NT's lip, SP came back with the bandaid he had got to help his brother. I love that his first thought was to do something to help out!

Yesterday, I went to the grocery store after dropping SP off at kindergarten. At the checkout, they sometimes give out Smarties to the kids. When they offered a Smarties to NT, he politely asked if he could have one for his brother also. He then gave it to me and asked to put it in my pocket for when SP got home from school. When SP got home, it was the first thing NT had to tell him!


Here we have NT helping SP up the hill because SP has his cowboy boots on




This is SP helping NT across the stream because the water was too cold for NT

2 comments:

Deven and Keri said...

That is so sweet! Gotta love those times....

SILLYA said...

yea I don't get it. My sweet older two can be SOOO mean to one another and then so kind and genuinely caring in a split second. I am drilling into them daily that friends will come and go, but their best friends will always be found in their own home-- I hope they someday get it...