Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas

As SP says, "It's the best year of the season"! I love Christmas! We got a little snow in the night so NT is convinced that it is Christmas today. He has been telling me for weeks that "once the snow comes down off the mountains, then it means it's Christmas."

We did decorate the tree last week so I suppose Christmas can come anytime now. It's just a little short fiber optic tree so DH was a little dismayed at the amount of decorations we put on the tree. He tried to make us stop, but the kids wanted to make it really pretty. Wasn't he suprised when he came home the next day and saw the snowflakes we made to go on the tree!





NT gets a little mesmerized by the lights - he wants to have the lights on every moment that he is awake. Too many times I have walked into the living room to discover that he has closed the blinds, plugged in the lights and is happily sitting next to tree with shiny eyes. When he notices me, he shouts out in his defense, "It's dark, Mom!" And then when it really gets dark, he gets disgusted that it's already dark again. Good thing we have Christmas lights to help us through these short winter days!

I also put up the porch tree - the one DH threatens to throw away every year because he thinks it's too "Charlie Brown". See how cute it is? What kind of Grinch would threaten to throw away a Christmas tree!?!



2 comments:

The Davies Family said...

I love it! Especially the Charlie Brown one on the porch. But I thought you got a bigger one for inside? or was that a real tree and you got rid of it that same year?

Lotte said...

We had a real tree that year. But it was infested with spiders! So now we have to have the fake one.